Sunday, November 1, 2015

Today's News

WWE interview The Jackyl:


On WWE release in 1998...

''Apparently everything [laughs]. But I called Bret Hart, who was in WCW, and he told me because I hadn't been on TV in a while that I might want to go to ECW first before trying to get signed by WCW. Lance Storm made it part of his contract negotiations to have Paul Heyman hire me. I started in Queens, N.Y., the day after my contract expired with WWE. I traveled with Lance for a year-and-half and lived like a monk because he's no fun. He doesn't drink or party. All his does is diet, work out and go to sleep early. It was the worst time of my career [laughs]. It was made even worse because Lance, Justin Credible and their manager Jason did their interviews after the show at three in the morning and it took them 30 takes. I would just go straight to the airport at 4 a.m.''

On his current life...

''I'm President and CEO of an organization called Manitoba Trade and Investment. Manitoba is a province in Canada, Joey. I know you Americans don't learn anything about Canada in American schools. Canada is the country above America in North America, by the way. We help private sector companies in Manitoba get their products into foreign markets. We work with more than 500 companies a year. We travel to China, Brazil, Russia, the U.S. and Europe. Wrestling prepared me well for all the travel.''

On how he wants to be remembered...

''My time in ECW. Paul Heyman was fantastic to me. He let me go out there and flourish on my own. I'll always remember that Paul was a coach as much as a boss. Working with Paul to start a near riot at the Manhattan Center here in New York was old school, white-hot heat. For me, that was the highlight. My best creative work was done in WWE when I was given a gimmick that was doomed to failure and changed it within the WWE system to make it work. As a new guy, how great is it to work with Legends like Pat Patterson and all the producers that work backstage here? By the way, how much do I get paid for this interview?.''


Hall Of Famer goes to school:


Arn Anderson has been working at Curt Hawkins wrestling school this weekend.



Punk pops:


CM Punk has heaped praise on the Young Bucks, and congratulated them on their ROH deal.



Hall Of Famer in auto wreck:


The King Jerry Lawler was in a head on auto crash last night. He is OK, but his girlfriend is badly banged up.



Bret sells house:


Bret Hart has sold his Hawaii home for $705,000. He had owned the house since 2004.



AAA drop shows in protest:


AAA are furious that WWE have refused to free Alberto Del Rio for this Monday's shows. They have gone to the extreme measure of cancelling their show completely, and are steadfast that unless WWE free ADR to drop the AAA title he still holds, there will be no event.


They adamantly refused to change the advertising of Del Rio for the show, even offering to promote him as WWE US champ, but WWE would not budge.


Legend returning to sport:


Jerry Jarrett says he is getting back into wrestling, after taking a sabbatical, since leaving TNA, which he co-founded with his son Jeff.



TNA star leaving sport?:


Taryn Terrell has converted to Christianity, saying she looks back on her recent past with shame. Comments she has made in a video diary have led some to speculate she may be about to quit the biz. Unfortunately I cannot share what she said, as the video has been made private.



Photo:


The internet has been bombarded with wrestlers in their Halloween costumes today, here is an angry Popeye. His costume didn't fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment