Sunday, November 22, 2015

Today's News

Rosa Mendes:


Rosa Mendes has been pictured for a maternity magazine today.


Survivor Series threat:


The FBI say there is no credible intelligence that an attack will take place tonight at the WWE PPV, but WWE have brought the door opening time forward by an hour, and will security check everyone entering the building with metal detectors. The events Anonymous released yesterday were a list of suggested sites for ''Lone Wolf'' attacks by ISIL sympathisers, but again, the FBI assert that there is no indication that anyone has taken up the challenge of targeting the event.

Triple H has released a statement aimed at reassuring and advising fans attending the event...

"Federal, state and local law enforcement authorities have confirmed there is no specific or credible information involving a threat against tomorrow's WWE Survivor Series at Philips Arena. However, WWE and Philips Arena have coordinated with the appropriate agencies and law enforcement, and significantly increased security measures to ensure the safety of all those in attendance, which is our highest priority. Doors will open at 6 p.m. to help fans avoid any delays in entering the arena due to the additional precautionary security procedures put in place. Fans are encouraged to take public transportation (MARTA) to the event and are advised that bags will not be permitted in the arena."

... but WWE stars, including Darren Young, are urging people at the show to be alert, and report anyone, or anything, suspicious.

The list released has already caused the cancellation of events. Five Finger Death Punch's Milan show was also on it, and the band have decided not to go ahead with the gig, as have a university in Lebanon, whose spirit rally was also listed, but will also not now go forward.


WWE good deeds:


Titus O'Neil spent this weekend helping to feed homeless people in Florida, and David Otunga has taken his wife to tonight's show to meet a member of the security team, who is a huge fan of the singer.


Survivor Series card:


I probably shouldn't because I have work tomorrow, but I will be staying up for a comms of the show on here. This is the final card...


  • Tournament Finals to Crown a New WWE World Heavyweight Champion.
  • Tournament Semi-Finals - Kevin Owens vs. Dean Ambrose.
  • Tournament Semi-Finals - Roman Reigns vs. Alberto Del Rio.
  • WWE Divas Title Match - Paige vs. Charlotte.
  • Traditional 5-on-5 Survivor Series Elimination Match.
  • The Undertaker and Kane vs. The Wyatt Family.
  • Tyler Breeze vs. Dolph Ziggler.


Cena done?:


John Cena has discussed his decision to take time away from WWE, and says he has done all he can do with WWE...

"I've been a cornerstone of WWE programming since 2002. That's a long time, it's more than 10 years. So much so that a portion of our audience has direct complacency with me. 'Man, Cena holds everybody down. He doesn't give the new guys a chance.' From a company perspective, as you know I hold it very near and dear to my heart, the dance floor is open, boys. I'm gone, let's see who steps up. And I like that. As much as I want to try to distance myself or as much as someone who views me would try to distance myself from WWE, I'm never going to go. Personally, and this gives me a better perspective on Dwayne Johnson's path, you get to a certain point and you cannot attract any more fans. Essentially, my productivity from a company standpoint … I've done as much as I can — 15 world championships and a myriad of other accomplishments. I don't know what left I can do, but I still want to be able to put people in the building."


Retirement:


Justin Credible worked his last match on Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment