Sunday, February 15, 2015

Today's News

Jericho talks preferring lives:


''It's improv. It's a little more fan interactive. With the TV shows, everything is meticulously timed. There is five minutes for this and 12 minutes for that. At the live show, you work until you're done. You're allowed to finish the match. The differences in TV and the live events are massive in some ways and small in others. True wrestling fans know there are pros and cons to both. There is more wrestling and less talking sometimes at the live events. The live events are always so stress-free. You can do whatever you want. They don't have specific storylines you are beholden to. There's a lot of TV that has to be perfectly timed to be watched by 5 million people. In the live event, it's just for the people in the crowd. We stress the fun.''

He also discussed fan interactions...

''It's always interesting when people come to signings, and there will be someone at the front of the line and they'll ask me to sign their arm. Then I swear, 20 to 30 minutes later, that same guy is back in line with my signature tattooed on them, asking me to take a picture with them and the new tattoo. Those things ... it's an honor. That's a true fan. They'll get tattoos of Fozzy lyrics, the Fozzy F or our "anarchist" logo. That stuff puts a lot of pressure on you, because if you ever make a wrong decision, you know you'll have let that person down.''


Owens no show:


NXT champ Kevin Owens missed an advertised meet and greet appearance this weekend.


RVD takes swipe at WWE:


Rob Van Dam replied to a fan comment on Twitter. He was asked when he was coming back to WWE, and replied he would, but then questioned that, if the same writers would be there.


Co-Pro announcement:


Wrestle-1's Jimmy Suzuki is on his way to the USA for a joint announcement with TNA.


Wade Barrett talks career frustrations:


"I am always down for being on WrestleMania. It is kind of a tough spot to get on to as we have a lot of legends that comeback for matches and it is sometimes very difficult to get on the card. But I would love to have a match. I think my ideal WrestleMania match would be me against Sheamus in a retirement match. I would get him out of the WWE for good so we would never have to look at his stupid face again."


Photo:


Yoshi Tatsu posts an injury update following his broken neck, suffered in a match vs AJ Styles. He has had the ''Halo'' (A frame drilled into his skull in four places, to keep his head still) removed, but is suffering bleeding from the now open wounds in his scalp.


Flair talks lack of appearances with WWE:


"I appear on WWE programming about eight or nine times a year now," Flair said. "I think I could offer more and I think the management would like to use me more but it is about the offers that have to follow me that they have to consider as well. I can be a very tough act to follow. I can still be active and will be for many more years to come, but they also have to take into account the other superstars at the same time."

He has also agreed to host a weekly podcast.


WWE vs NXT:


The regular gripes from main roster talent about the improved production value of NXT specials has reared it's head again, but FW4 say, NXT have issues too...

"The top NXT performers are frustrated they aren't on the main roster making money. Then they will get more frustrated when they realize their dream. WWE guys are frustrated they aren't having the matches guys in NXT are when they know if they can perform before 400 fans in longer matches they can tear the house down."


Sasha Banks talks wrestling vs music:


NXT Women's champ Sasha Banks says she always wanted to be a wrestler, and never considered following her cousin Snoop Dogg into music...

"Simple. It's all I ever wanted to do. I was meant to be in WWE. Growing up, I knew kids who wanted to be doctors and lawyers. Because Snoop Dogg is my cousin, I was pressured into pursuing music and acting but I never had those kinds of dreams. I only dreamt of being a sports entertainer. It was and is the greatest form of entertainment in my mind."


Goldberg confirms interest:


Goldberg says he is interested in an MMA fight with Glory...

"I'm seriously considering it. I don't have anything to lose, I'm just competitive. I like to train 3-4 days a week, it's just a matter of who I do it with, so we'll see".


Pro Wrestling Hall Of Fame:


This years class has been named as...
  • Mr Perfect
  • Rick Martel
  • Pedro Morales
  • Fabulous Freebirds (Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy, Buddy Roberts)
  • Vivian Vachon
  • Jumbo Tsuruta
  • Big Jim Crockett
  • The Great Gama
  • Joe Malcewicz
  • Whipper Billy Watson
The induction ceremony will be on May 15 and 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment