Sunday, January 18, 2015

Today's News

Raw:


X-Pac has been booked for Raw next week.


SPOILER!!!:


Alberto Del Rio made his Lucha Underground debut last night, the show will air in February.

WWE sued by former stars:


Vito, and Adam Mercer have joined Billy Jack Haynes in suing WWE for concussion damage suffered during their WWE careers...

Vito says he ''Suffers from serious neurological damage, including severe headaches, memory loss, depression and anxiety, as well as deafness."

Adam Mercer's complaint mentions wrestling Erick Rowan, he claims that "After approximately 15 matches, during which he sustained multiple traumas, he suffered a serious head injury during a match with Rowen. The WWE cleared him to continue wrestling after inadequate rest time and downplayed his injury."

He was out of action for five months after a match against Rowan. Then returned, but only for one more match, as he was released from his developmental deal right after. Mercer has since suffered from a number of severe neurological symptoms, and later found out that he had bleeding in the left hemisphere of his brain.


UFC reject challenges Punk to fight:


Matt Riddle, who was fired for using drugs in 2013, challenged Dana White and CM Punk to a fight during an interview. Riddle is currently training to do the opposite of Punk, transitioning from the Octagon to the wrestling ring.


Eva Marie:


Eva Marie has revealed her cosmetic breast implants are leaking, and she will be unable to work for as much as 3 months as a result.


Ryback:


Ryback says he was refused entry to a WWE live event this weekend, as a paying fan.


WrestleMania:


Sting is scheduled to appear at WrestleMania Axess, The Undertaker is not.


Beth Phoenix interview:


On women's pay vs the men...

"I don't discuss money, but I will say I made more money than at other things I could qualify for. The key for me is the respect of your peers. I was able to be influential and create a mold. There was no one else who was shaped like me or looked like me. I don't compare myself to the men."

On finding love with Edge...

"We knew each other, met through the WWE. But we didn't date when we were there."

On why she quit...

"I left wrestling to spend more time at home with family. I didn't get to see my parents and brother while I was working, just quick visits living out of a suitcase. It was time to go home."

On backstage feuds...

"You don't get along with everybody, but you have to be able to work with everybody. Respect is important, and if you don't have it you won't be on the professional level very long. The ring is not the place to take care of disrespect. It's supposed to be a safe haven where we protect each other. You can disagree with someone and still do business as a professional. I've had some differences of opinion with some, and there were some people I liked more than others."


WWF star brings school to tears:


Marc Mero has released a video of himself talking to school children...



New school:


Great Khali is working on opening a wrestling school in India.


Bret on Vince:


Bret Hart says he and Vince McMahon have completely recovered their relationship...

"He was one of the first people to call me and ask how I was after my stroke, and we cleared a lot of the air, I'm really grateful for that call. I eventually got to beat him at WrestleMania 26 which I think is a better ending for us. I would say he's on the very best of terms with me now."

No comments:

Post a Comment