Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Today's News

Batista remembers 100K fine from WWE:


"This was a point where we weren't shedding blood any more. We were PG and that didn't make any sense to me. I just didn't want to hear that, especially when there's a title match involved. I knew we weren't supposed to do it…I knew I would get consequences but I thought I would get the consequences and I didn't think they'd be as harsh as they were"

He was talking to Chris Jericho, his opponent in the cage match that the incident happened in, for his podcast. Jericho revealed Vince McMahon was considering firing Batista for the breach of rules, but instead hit them both with the hefty fine...

"Then he starts passing out fines. So my fine was $100,000…My heart dropped. I thought it would be like $25,000…When he said $100,000, I was just heartbroken. I literally think that he sucked the life out of me that day. I think that's the day that I knew things were never going to be the same."

Batista though says he does not regret the incident...

"I did the right thing. It was good business"

Batista is also set to sign a multi year deal, earning him a substantial wage packet, with Marvel, meaning his chances of a WWE return may be diminishing, as Marvel do not want to be involved in wrestling, and Batista has said WWE would always come second to his now flourishing movie career.

Jim Ross takes shot at WWE:


"Baltimore is the site of Monday Night RAW featuring Jerry Springer in a segment with the Bella twins. That's a far cry from Sammartino vs Billy Graham, the Great American Bash headliners, and yours truly passing kidney stone particles during a PPV featuring an ill advised Scaffold Match."

NXT gains an Olympian:


Chas Betts had his first NXT match over the weekend. He is portraying a Kurt Angle style grappler, who uses his amateur skills to his advantage, he also wears a USA singlet.

John Cena takes shot at Undertaker?:


John Cena reportedly took a swipe at the dead man on Raw, saying Lesnar beat Taker at Mania, and he has never been seen since, but he was back and ready to go already. This is more likely the internet reading more into his promo than was meant, as I have seen no reports of legit heat between the two men. Of course Cena may just think he is better than the Undertaker...

NXT - Raw:


Some of NXT's finest were given the chance to compete on Raw to promote Takeover 2, Adrian Neville, Sami Zayn And Tyler Breeze worked a tag match, with Tyson Kidd making up the numbers.

Night Of Champions:


The Uso's vs Gold/StarDust is now confirmed, for the Tag Titles.

ROH heat with it's champion:


ROH and Michael Elgin are butting heads. ROH failed to renew Elgin's work visa, and he and his wife have been unable to return to the USA from Canada, instead of admitting the oversight, they demanded he drop the ROH title with just a few hours notice. The locker room are said to be with Elgin, and are furious with their employers for the lack of communication that lead to the issues. Jay Briscoe is the new ROH Champ.

Raw:


Nikolai Volkoff was a backstage guest of WWE.

WWE Alum lands movie:


Eve Torres is on her way to Beijing, China, to work alongside Jackie Chan, in his latest movie.

WWE star in near miss:


Seth Rollins was almost impaled with a spike on Raw last night. He rushed to the ring as the cage was coming down and was inches from a large sharp spike on the bottom of the cage, used to attach the cage in place.

The incident was caught on camera by a fan in attendance, but it won't let me post it here.

Injury returns:


WWE have a tentative return date of Survivor Series set for Daniel Bryan. Darren Young is expected to return under the mask of the bunny, in Adam Rose's group, that is why he has been involving himself with Titus O'Neill recently.

Y2J defends big spot:


Chris Jericho is receiving some heat for his cage spot at last night's Raw, on social media, fans critical of what he did, because of his age, he responded with...

"I haven't done this since an indie show near Calgary in 1993. Guess I was just waiting for the right time to bust it out again... What's that? I'm 43 now? NO WAY!!!! #thatshowyadoitkids #baltimorerocks #y2jisbackbaby #wweraw''

WWE Punked:


WWE have seemingly responded to CM Punk's legal letter. They have removed all but a couple of items relating to him from their shop site today.

Foley still a fan:


Mick Foley says he still loves WWE...

"I watch it almost every week with my children. I'm still a fan of the product, which means I can voice my opinion, usually positive but occasionally I'll have some constructive criticism that I'm not shy about voicing. All in all, I like the direction of the company and I think they've got a lot of great talent and building for the future."

Spike bite back:


Spike TV have reacted to Vince Russo's attack on them (See yesterday)...

"I want to start by saying we enjoyed a great relationship, a very collaborative relationship with Dixie Carter and her team over the years. We took TNA from a late night spot on Saturday nights, doing 500,000 viewers, to a two-hour time slot that did two million viewers over time. Spike went out of its way, not in just adhering to its contract, but above and beyond the contract. We paid Hulk Hogan, we paid Eric Bischoff, with our money. We financed many shows. We financed U.K. shows. We helped promote. We gave TNA a prime time slot of Thursdays from 9-11 p.m. I think his comments are way off base. Clearly, he doesn't know what he's talking about. He's somebody who thinks more of himself than really exists. Vince Russo never meant anything to Spike TV. He had nothing to do with negotiations. Nobody cares about Vince Russo at Spike TV. Nobody cares or knows who he is. We have a great relationship with TNA. We went above and beyond for them, as they did for us. Dixie helped promote our shows. What Vince Russo is saying is complete nonsense."

TNA trying to secure financial backers:


TNA officials are meeting with potential silent investors. They want to bring people on board, who can sponsor them financially, but, who will not have a part to play in the direction, or running of the promotion.

Mark Henry:


Mark Henry wants to continue to drop weight as he nears retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment