Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Today's News

ROH:


Ring Of Honor have landed a new TV deal. Their show will air on Saturday's, on WATL-TV in Atlanta Starting this weekend.

Jerry Springer:


WWE plan on bringing Jerry Springer back to do commentary on an upcoming PPV, specifically for the planned battle of the Bella's match, between Brie and Nikki.

Trish Stratus:


Trish has revealed she considered asking Bubba Dudley to induct her into the HOF last year...

"I think fans would be surprised to know that Bubba Ray Dudley was on the list. He's on it because he was kind of giving me a trust/tough love when I first came in. But once I proved myself to him, he really opened up and was really kind and giving and would advise me on a lot of things. So when we finally worked together, once he saw that I was willing to take the table and I used to tell him: 'Don't protect me, don't go easy on me, I just want to do it and do it good and make the fans proud,' and he appreciated that. So we've became really close friends and we had a great relationship and he really helped me a lot."

Night Of Champions:


Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins, and Chris Jericho vs Randy Orton have been added to the card.

SmackDown SPOILERS!!!:


* Big Show, Mark Henry, & The Uso's vs Erick Rowan, Goldust, Luke Harper & Stardust...

* Bo Dallas vs Justin Gabriel...

* Paige vs Summer Rae...

* Mark Henry vs Rusev (Arm Wrestling Match)...

* Damien Sandow & The Miz vs Dolph Ziggler & R-Truth...

* Chris Jericho & Roman Reigns vs Randy Orton & Seth Rollins...

END OF SPOILERS!!!

Injury:


Chris Jericho told DDP that he broke his toe on Raw this week. Jericho later said he had been cleared, and the toe was not broken.

NXT promoted:


The Ascension made their TV debuts for the main roster last night, in a match taped for Main Event.

ROH champ speaks out:


Michael Elgin has blogged on his current status, and anger at ROH...

''It is what it is.

I want to start this by thanking friends that have reached out in this terrible time. But I want to rectify many claims that have been made. I am a very easy person to deal with, all I care about is things being done correctly. I'm in no shape or form saying that my way is correct or that I'm always right, but sometimes you need to find middle ground which has obviously been an issue. Did I spend 1 min if my time to say I wanted to try baseball yes, was it intended to hurt ROH or show a lack if interest? Not at all for 30 min prior I was speaking highly if ROH and the world title. Like any interview my main goal is to have people hear my beliefs of ROH, their history and their World Title. I was never turning my back on wrestling as it's been the only thing that's constant in my life since a very young age. I did play baseball in highschool and college so I wasn't just overhyped due to any situation. I have given my life and well being to wrestling so you can dislike me and jump on the lets hate Elgin bandwagon if you wish but know the story. I wrestle hurt and risk my health because of my love and respect to wrestling and the men and women who came before me. I'm not going into more detail because the I'm whining. Many issues have arose, and it could be easy to point fingers. I will say many things were a misunderstanding that led to recent happenings. If I'm at fault, I have no problem owning up and taking responsibility. But as if now I will say claims, reports and opinions are very wrong and just rumors. I do hope that one day (sooner than later) things will be corrected and my name is restored. I will admit I'm in Canada very angry, disappointed and so many other feelings that I don't feel like going into detail about. I'm not asking for goodwill or handouts but show some decency while you have no correct info. All I know is I am without my beautiful wife, our great pets and new house. We have 2 mortgages to pay and many other bills that my money is going towards. I have almost zero clothes or personal belongings. This is a more drastic situation that anyone could understand. To my family in St. Louis I love and miss you, to Elgin supporters and haters alike thank you for supporting wrestling because without you I wouldn't be anywhere.''

ROH officials responded with...

"Elgin has only himself to blame for this. It was his decision to put the paperwork in past the drop dead date. We can't wave a wand and undo this. He put Ring of Honor, the world title and all of our plans at risk by not being organized. We're going to fix it at no cost to him."

Wrestler dies:


Former WWE and WCW man Sean O'Haire died at his home in North Carolina, on Monday at the age of 43, cause of death is not known at present, but police say that there was no foul play involved. RIP...

Foley thanks WWE:


"Dear Mr McMahon;
Thank you. I am beyond grateful, and feel that this episode of TheMondayNightWar might just be the bridge that brings me back home to WWE. Hard to believe that such an amazing bridge can be built for only $9.99 a month.

Sincerely,

Mick Foley
3X WWE Champion"

Bray Wyatt:


Wyatt may soon win his first Title in WWE, under this name. His next feud will be with and for Dolph Ziggler's Intercontinental championship.

Christian:


Christian is cleared to return, and has been for some time, but WWE officials feel he is too injury prone, and are working on another non wrestling role for him.

Booker T reveals WWE wanting WCW stars to fail:


Booker T says the agents in WWE were determined to get rid of all of the WCW talent brought in after the company was bought out by WWE in 2001, but he was adamant he would make it, and went right to the top to make his case...

"The WCW guys were supposed to be buried. None of us were supposed to make it, but I'm the only guy who was willing to step up to the plate and go in there and survive. I went to WWE to prove something. I had to go through Steve Austin, the Undertaker, Edge, I had to go through all of those guys to prove myself. I didn't want to wake up at 50 years old and wonder if I could have competed with those guys, I wanted to know in my own mind I was just as good. So I went to Vince and explained, 'I've got this agent telling me this, another telling me that, and I know I'm going to get fired doing it their way. I'd like to go out and do it my way. If you don't like what you see, just fire me.' Vince looked straight at me and said, 'Do your stuff, Book.' From that point on, I had the green light to just be me."

No comments:

Post a Comment