Monday, June 3, 2019

2/6/2019

NXT:


Street Prophets won the NXT Tag gold, which had been vacant at this past weekends NXT special. while Adam Cole took the NXT World strap.


NXT vs AEW:


WWE have announced an NXT UK special in Cardiff on the same day as the next AEW PPV.


WWE star confirms romantic rumour:


Finn Balor has confirmed he is dating an ESPN reporter called Veronica Rodriguez. He did so whilst supporting Tottenham Hotspur at the UEFA Champions League final... which much have sucked for him. #LFC #6Times #YNWA #JFT96.


Mickie injured:


Mickie James reportedly suffered a knee injury this past weekend, which is unfortunate timing, she has a big country music gig later this week.


Kairi reveals reason for time off:


Kairi Same has revealed why she disappeared earlier in the year. She had taken seriously ill with anaphylactic shock. She says her friend Io Shirai saved her life by calling for the ambulance and going with her to the hospital.


Impact star blasts WWE Alum:


Tessa Blanchard says she has plans for Disco Inferno...

"I think Glenn is a piece of s--t. I think Glenn coming down and inserting himself into the Knockouts battle royale made it clearer he is a piece of s--t. To get on the microphone to downplay us as women as talents are just embarrassing and couldn't be further from the truth. I feel like any one of us women, contracted or not, could have beaten his ass. If the time and place is right, I would be more than happy to get in the ring with him and show him what a piece of s--t he is."


Bankrupt-tista:


Batista says he lost everything when he left WWE in 2010...

"It was a nightmare. I'd gone broke and lost all my money from wrestling. I got an agent and my agent said, 'I had to fight really hard to get you this audition. They didn't want any pro wrestlers.' I found one picture of Drax and I said, 'That looks like me. I get this picture. I relate to this picture'. I went and read for Sarah Finn and did my audition. She said, 'Is there any way you could come tomorrow and read for the director?' That's when I knew it was real. I read for James Gunn and I could tell right away that he really wanted me to be Drax," Batista said. "James and I connected really fast. Where I was at in my life—when I say that James Gunn changed the direction of my life, not just my career, this is why I am so loyal to him. You're going to get me emotional—I connected with him right off the bat."


Mainstream media report on Ashley's death:


CNN have run a feature on the death of Ashley Massaro, noting that her brain will be donated to CTE research.


Title change:


The 24/7 title changed hands twice today. Jinder Mahal took the gold from R-Truth while he was playing golf, but Truth quickly took it back.


Heat on Cornette spreads:


Some fans are defending Jim Cornette on social media, over his homophobia. One attacking Joey Ryan for his flamboyance and another rounding upon the oft controversial Priscilla Kelly, her of the making an opponent eat her bloodied tampon, fame. She replied with a strong defense of her and Ryan, and an attack of JEC of her own...

"What's embarrassing is the toxic homophobia that Jim Cornette spews. I'd like to say Joey Ryan and I create entertainment, moments fans will remember, without any negativity or judgment to anyone."


KO pays tribute:


Kevin Owens has paid tribute to a fan of his going back to his CZW days...

"Wrestling lost a huge fan today. I hadn't seen Lyle Williams in many years but I still remember his kindness and enthusiasm for this industry. He took a lot of pride in capturing moments from every show he could make it to and sharing them with everyone. He will be missed."


No Holds Barred:


Hulk Hogan's film 'No Holds Barred' turns 30 today. To celebrate WWE have released a tee for Hogan's character, Rip.


Ambrose says Brock ruined SummerSlam 2018:


"SummerSlam, the end of the show was supposed to be when the Shield returns. We were worried about it not being as impactful the next night. It still worked just as good. The end of SummerSlam was Roman vs. Brock, Braun comes out, looks like a doofus because he can't figure out how to cash in. How it ever went was Brock's idea. At 6 p.m. before the show, everything was supposed to happen, the Shield coming out, this awesome stuff that the writers have been working on tirelessly to have this perfect ending to SummerSlam that was good. Brock comes in at 6 p.m. and changes everything. Vince is like, we are going to go with Brock's idea. It made everyone else look stupid but Brock. And the writers are just sitting there watching it in the room and they're like 'Come on, we had it, we had this great ending.' Everyone is suffering, again not my problem, anymore."

No comments:

Post a Comment